What You Will Learn from Our Incredible Instructors...
Get an unprecedented opportunity to learn from a diverse and talented group of 10 of the nation's leading planners and designers. You would never be able to assemble this unique group at a single workshop. Here you can learn from all of them!
Behind-the-Scenes, Our Top 20 Wedding Day Tips
- Go behind-the-scenes (literally!) to see Jeannie and staff working a wedding day
- Watch as Jeannie manages day-of setup, logistics, and the event itself with ease and grace
- Learn tips you can apply to make a wedding day run smoothly
- Everything is so easy to understand because you're seeing it as it happens!
Jeannie founded Details, Details in 2003, and has gone on to establish one of the most highly regarded planning firms in California. They specialize in distinctive weddings, lavish events, and creative corporate functions. Along with her team, Jeannie applies a strong background in hospitality management to everything she does. The result is a seamlessly-run, gorgeous and opulent affair, each and every time.
Foundations of Floral and Event Design
- Gain insight into Steve's floral design process
- Hear why Steve chose to add floral design to his wedding planning services
- Learn about the basic practices and mechanics of floral design
- See how to create a lush and signature centerpiece in a compote bowl
Steve and his wife Jamie run Sinclair & Moore -- an event planning and design firm based in Seattle, WA. Steve is a renowned event and floral designer, who has worked in the industry since 2005. He grew up learning the trade, even baking his first wedding cake and sewing a wedding dress as a teenager! His work is known for its impeccable attention to detail, timeless sophistication, and classic beauty.
Breaking Down the Budget
- Watch Alison and Jesse demystify the budgeting process
- Learn about all of the various items to confirm everything is covered
- Hear from other vendors about budeting for floral, stationery, rentals, and more
- Walk away knowing how to create realistic budgets for every event
Alison Events is based in San Francisco, California, but their clientele take them all over the world to plan detail-laden luxury wedding and events. Founder and Creative Director Alison Rinderknecht has worked in the wedding industry for 16 years, planning over 400 weddings in 9 countries. She has a passion for infusing celebrations with personal details. Jesse Tombs, Managing Partner, has worked in the hospitality industry since his teen years. With a background in catering, styling, and venue development, Jesse applies his wealth of knowledge and tremendous heart to every event he produces.
Branding & Marketing Your Planning Business
- Listen to how Carrie took her business from obscurity to national exposure in just one year
- Learn the foundations of strong branding and how to be unique in a saturated market
- Get great tips on how to get the right, authentic exposure for your business quickly
- See how Carrie manages all her online presences to reinforce her brand
Carrie grew up with the "party bug" and began her journey in the industry working for other planners, florists, and corporate firms. In 2009, she launched Fleurish Events, which has now become Type A Society. In only two years, Type A Society has become a sought-after design firm, bringing incredible weddings and events to life from coast to coast. Carrie's love of beauty (in all forms, everywhere) inspires her work and is so evident in each carefully curated event she puts together. Carrie is also a gifted stylist whose talent is frequently called upon for editorials and photoshoots, as well as product styling for influential brands in the wedding industry.
Creating a Beautiful Wedding, No Matter the Location
- See Beth's design process and how she creates immersive experiences around the world
- Learn the unique challenges when planning for mountaintops, private estates, and beyond
- Watch how Beth seeps design into every detail of a wedding day and weaves a story
- See examples of real weddings by Beth thrown at unique locations
Beth Helmstetter's name is synonymous with beautifully-designed weddings. She has produced countless, detail-laden celebrations all over the world, from Bali to Paris and beyond. With every client, she seeks to create an experience that is personalized and intimate. Armed with an MBA, Beth pairs her business savvy with her design aesthetic to create flawless, stunning events.
Creative Backdrops and Displays
- Learn about Jesi's unique design, build,and installation process
- Hear how Jesi comes up with new ideas for her wedding and corporate clients
- See how Jesi pitches her designs and "sells" clients on something they've never seen before
- See actual backdrops and displays on location at a few of her events
Jesi is a wildly creative trendsetter who has made a name for herself designing some of the most out-of-the-box celebrations across the country. She specializes in hand-crafted details and jaw-dropping displays that utilize unusual materials. Every one of her events has you saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" Jesi's unique, daring style is highly sought after by creative clients in the wedding and corporate worlds.
Designing the Culinary Experience
- Learn how to gather invaluable information from your clients to craft a personalized menu
- Take away tips for finding the best catering partners and improve your proposals & tasting process (yum!)
- Watch as Emily and Amber share how food & beverage can (and should!) play a key role in event design
- See how planner's partner with caterers, mixologists and many other vendors before and on the big day!
Karson Butler Events is run by the dynamic twin sister duo Amber and Emily. These ladies bring two unique perspectives to their clients, offering a high level of personalized service and attention to detail. They orchestrate unforgettable guest experiences from their offices in California as well as Washington DC, and have planned gorgeous events around the globe for over 15 years. Their beautiful portfolio speaks to their creativity, passion, and experience, and every wedding they touch is marked by thoughtful design.
Tablescape Design, From Vision to Reality
- Watch how Emily designs a table from the ground up
- Get to know Emily's unique process from conception to execution
- See how to use the same table and a few key items to create three very different tablescapes
- Explore all types of accessories such as linens, candles, flatware, dinnerware, florals, and more
Emily runs mStarr design from New England, where innovative design has become her trademark. Her work is simultaneously whimsical and polished, playful and chic. She is a natural stylist with a keen eye for beauty in the simplest of settings. Each event in her portfolio is so beautifully and carefully curated. Her goal is to bring meaningful details into the design of each event, speaking to the individuality of the couple. She also works in interior styling and sourcing, bringing her refined aesthetic beyond the realm of events.
Creating a Cohesive Stationery Suite: From Save-the-Date to Day-of
- Learn about Robin’s creative process for developing an event vision board and collaborating with a graphic designer to create a cohesive stationery suite
- Learn how to infuse personality into your wording, layout, and overall design
- Become acquainted with various types of printing styles and techniques
- See a range of options for paper, postage, color, calligraphy, and more
- Follow along with Robin on a real wedding day as she sets up and styles with her team
Robin considers herself an "event architect," building an event piece by piece. She is a skilled planner who can manage logistics with ease, but also a talented designer who can bring a client's unique story into every detail of an event. Her portfolio demonstrates her versatility as a designer, producing events as distinctive as the clients themselves. From refined and elegant to edgy and eclectic, Robin has produced it all with grace and ease.
Life that Inspires Art, Finding Your Authentic Creative Voice
- Learn about how Rachael started her two businesses -- planning and floral design
- See how she balances life as a planner/designer and a floral designer
- See why Rachael keeps social media very personal and how that is tied to her authenticity
- Hear how to stay inspired, avoid burnout, and cultivate creativity in your everyday life
Rachael owns planning and coordination company Lace & Likes, as well as floral and event design company Siren Floral Co. Her personal style and love of nature greatly influences her work, and has garnered her an enthusiastic following over the past few years. There is a raw authenticity to her work, a wildness, a bit of untamed beauty. Rachael pours her heart into creating beautiful experiences for her clients, while remaining true to her own aesthetic and brand. By doing this, she has curated a clientele that allows her to truly design where she shines brightest.
More Great Perks
Private Facebook Group for Enrollees
- Build community with other enrollees during and after the event
- Connect with like-minded industry professionals
- Ask and answer questions on any planning subject
- Share ideas and inspiration
- Develop relationships that extend far beyond the event!
Live Q&A Webinars
- Ask your burning business, planning, and design questions
- Watch as our instructors share their different perspectives
- Gain new insights on topics that were not addressed in our curriculum
- Ask follow-up questions to the videos you are watching
- Refer back to these webinar recordings over the course of the year